Name: Shariq Afaq (2008 -2010)
Title: Advertising Strategy of AIRTEL Cellular Service and its Effect on Mobile Users
This report on Bharti Airtel is done to find out certain objective regarding the Advertisement strategic approach Adopted by Airtel to stand strongly in the competitive telecom market. Airtel’s Advertisement strategies are analyses using various models like SWOT analysis, BCG Matrix, porter’s five forces etc.
The outcomes of these models are properly analyzed to find out the various aspects like companies position and competitors position in the market.
This report on Airtel not just give description about the company but it also talks about the various marketing strategy adopted by the company.
SWOT analysis of Airtel helps to find out the weak points of the company and to find out the way to overcome this problem.
Similarly with the help of Porter Five Forces it can be finding that what are the different strategic options available to the company under the different market condition. And to find the answer that why company is looking for overseas market like Nigeria and Seychelles.
The Indian communications scenario has transformed into a multiplayer, multi product market with varied market size and segments. Within the basic phone service the value chain has split into domestic/local calls, long distance players, and international long distance players. Apart from having to cope with the change in structure and culture (government to corporate), Airtel has had to gear itself to meet competition in various segments – basic services, long distance(LD), International Long Distance (ILD), and Internet Service Provision (ISP).It has forayed into mobile service provision as well.
The objective of my project report is to study the advertising strategy of AIRTEL Cellular service and its effect on mobile users existing and who are going to use mobile service in future. In other words, my aim is to study the Advertising Effectiveness of AIRTEL Cellular service.
By virtue of its connectivity and advertising strategy AIRTEL is successful in grabbing the highest market share in India, but there are still some recommendations from my study point of view is that AIRTEL needs to make its network service more strongesr than other service providers to dominate the market in future too.
AIRTEL should introduce cheaper recharge cards than the other
because its competitor HUTCH had introduced it.
AIRTEL should sign more celebrities from cricket and bollywood.
- Strategic alliance The Company has a strategic alliance with SingTel. The investment made by SingTel is one of the largest investments made in the world outside Singapore in the company. The company also has a strategic alliance with Vodafone. The investment made by Vodafone in Bharti is one of the largest single foreign investments made in the Indian telecom sector. The company’s mobile network equipment partners include Ericsson and Nokia. In the case of the broadband and telephone services and enterprise services (carriers), equipment suppliers include Siemens, Nortel, Corning, among others. The Company also has an information technology alliance with IBM for its group-wide information technology requirements and with Nortel for call center technology requirements.
- Outsourcing The call center operations for the mobile services have been outsourced to IBM Daksh, Hinduja TMT, and Teletech & Mphasis.
- Overseas Market. Airtel is looking for overseas market and already atarted operation in Nigeria and Seychelles.
- Competition Airtel is facing strong completion from MTNL and BSNL inspite of the fact they are far away from Airtel technologically but these two have a inside ranch in rural and urban area and have low tariff rates.
- Brand Ambassador Airtel has strong brand ambassador, Sachin Tendulkar, Shahrukh khan and A. R. Rehman, R Madhavan, Bidhya Ballan to promote the product and services.
The conclusion of my study is that AIRTEL’s Advertising has a major impact its users. People like its schemes very much .AIRTEL had created a very good image on the mind of the new users of cellular service. AIRTEL has adopted a very good strategy by providing a new connection with NOKIA who is market leader in mobile set, many new users buy Nokia sets and they get a free connection of AIRTEL. AIRTEL is successful in capturing the highest market share by adopting Celebrity Endorsement Strategy. A.R. Rehmaan’s tune for AIRTEL worked as free advertising for AIRTEL as another service user uses it too. Other celebrities like Shahrukh
Khan (bollywood) and Sachin Tendulkar (Cricket) has also contributed very much in AIRTEL.
The above article was extracted from dissertations in Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Strategy, Information Systems by the students from Skyline College. Skyline College is amongst the top MBA and BBA institutes in Delhi, Gurgaon (NCR).
For more information on Skyline College or the MBA, BBA programmes please CLICK HERE. For MBA, BBA Admission queries please CLICK HERE , & Also Skyline blog .